Who is this course for?
This course is for music producers who want to improve their music theory knowledge and pick up modern piano tips and tricks.
We are huge believers of the power of musicianship. So, we decided to open a full course that is designed especially with the modern producer in mind. You don’t have to play 500 years old classical pieces to develop piano skills for the studio. This course takes a modern approach in teaching you how to play with techniques for modern styles.
In this course, you will learn how to play the keys, in the studio while working on your productions, and/or collaborating with other musicians, whether you have little to no piano experience.
Music Theory Skills: Scales, Chords, Intervals, Extended Chords, Voicing, How-to Write and Play Melodies, Chord Progressions, and Basslines.
Right-Hand Skills: Major and Minor Scales, Exotic Scales, Developing Melodies, Soloing and Improvising.
Left-Hand Skills: Left Hand Bass, Inversion, Ghost Notes, Shell Voicing, Funk Techniques.
Both Hand Skills: Comping Techniques, Advanced Voicing, Styling Chords for EDM, Hip-Hop, Trap, RnB, and House.
Beat Lab Piano Weekend Course
In order to give you the most amount of attention, but still keep the benefits of learning in a classroom with other musicians, we limit the class to 6 students.
The classroom will be equipped with large MIDI keyboard on each desk. This allows us to have class jams and to learn while we make music together.
Students will have access to a multitude of keyboards to experience.
Beat Lab Students Get
- Access Beat Lab Academy Online course curriculum (For Lesson Plan Click Here)
- Hands on learning with small classrooms (Max 6 students)
- In-class personal station with a semi-weighted high quality MIDI keyboard.
- Student Discounts on premium piano/Rhodes plugins
- Exclusive Cheat Sheets
- Class Jams with Beat Lab’s unique classroom
- Parking, Public transportation and proximity to food
- 8 weeks – 16 hours in class, online assignments, and production sessions
Class meets Sundays for two hours.
Early Class: 11:00AM-1:00PM
Late Class: 2:00PM-4:00PM
What you will need:
- Headphones (We can provide them while in class)
- MIDI Keyboard to practice at home
No Reviews found for this course.