Scroll down for tickets 2-Day Intensive: Songwriting w/Naomi Wild This event will take place over two days on January 17th from 6 - 9:30 pm and January 18th
Scroll down for tickets
2-Day Intensive: Songwriting w/Naomi Wild
This event will take place over two days on January 17th from 6 – 9:30 pm and January 18th from 6:30pm – 10pm!
– Where to start? How to find inspiration?
– How to write songs daily, even if you’re not extremely confident working in a DAW
– How to create stand out lyrics
– Understanding the narrative of songwriting, who are you talking to? or who is talking?
– How to simplify and strengthen an idea
– How to get out of writer’s block
– Is music theory necessary to write a song? How is it helpful?
– Typical song structures for different genres
– The importance of arrangement
– How many hooks do you need? How do genres differ from each other?
– How to write a show-stopping song no matter what genre
– Learn the “rules to break them” in pop music
– How to demo songs for pitching
– Collaborating with other writers
– How to finish a song
A new artist has never had a launchpad opportunity quite like Naomi Wild’s. Five years ago, while a junior in high school, Naomi snuck into Coachella, stumbled into The Do-Lab tent, and discovered Odesza. An overwhelming feeling came over Naomi and she had a vision of herself performing on stage with Odesza. At that time, Naomi wasn’t playing or creating music in any way, but a couple of years later she found herself disillusioned by college life and tried her hand at songwriting. Naomi’s song “Higher Ground” was sent to Odesza and the next day, Naomi Wild got the news that Odesza loved what she wrote. Not only did they want the song, but they wanted Naomi Wild to be featured on it. “Higher Ground” became the standout track from 2017’s Grammy-nominated A Moment Apart, receiving 58mm+ streams, and currently impacting at radio. Naomi spent the past year touring the world with Odesza including performing where it all started – Coachella. Naomi’s first single of 2018, “Howlin’,” debuted on Ones to Watch who highlighted her, “sultry lyricism and electronic vibes,” and she performed her new unreleased music at Nylon and Lucky Brand’s Desert Jam alongside Charli XCX. This year, after months in the studio with producers and writers such as Isaac Valens and Blaise Railey, Naomi is ready to put her foot to the pedal and show the world what else she has been working on. Naomi’s first solo festival debut was at SXSW in March and her latest single “Run That” dropped that night as well. The second single off this project is “La La Land” that pays homage to the chaos that is her hometown of Los Angeles. In addition to her own project, Naomi is also featured on “Glass House” off of Machine Gun Kelly’s latest album “Hotel Diablo” which has over 20 million stream on Spotify. She was also featured alongside Machine Gun Kelly in the music video for Glass House which has over 5 million views on YouTube
(Friday) 6:00 PM - 9:30 PM