Mastering Emotion in Music In this Online Masterclass You Will Learn: How music is “built” with composition and arrangement Scales – how they work, how to use them How
Mastering Emotion in Music
In this Online Masterclass You Will Learn:
- How music is “built” with composition and arrangement
- Scales – how they work, how to use them
- How to compose chords and melody with intention
- Genre specific composition – trap, house, pop, hip-hop
1. By listening and analyzing various genres of music and understanding the common musical thread between them we will gain an understanding of how music is “built” with emotion. Take away an understanding of reverse engineering song structure for your own songwriting!
2. Through listening and practice we will learn how melody and harmony relate to each other to create different musical moods. Through this relationship, you learn to construct progressions and melodies with intention.
3. While emotion comes from inspiration, we will learn tricks and musical systems for how to approach writing with ease – allowing you to express yourself in the strongest way possible! Gain an understanding of how to utilize compositional cheats and harmonic tricks to generate progressions and melodies simply.
About Jesse Woolston:
Jesse Woolston is a composer and motion designer from Auckland, New Zealand. His musical output is primarily modern classical and abstract electronic. Jesse is a certified Sound Designer & Producer from the Berklee School of Music, who currently builds large-scale international audio/visual art installations, sound exhibits, and compositions for documentary & art films. He works independently in graphic and motion design.
(Sunday) 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM