Free Mixing & Mastering Workshop w/Loren Moore
Learn to polish your music with this mixing & mastering workshop
Join us on Thursday, July 2nd, 2020 from 11am – 2pm for a Free in-person mixing & mastering workshop taught by Loren Moore!
This event is FREE! RSVP here on Eventbrite to confirm your seat.
We are offering socially distanced, in-person classes. Our classroom /school is optimized for a safe learning environment for students, teachers, and staff.
This will be an overview of the mixing and mastering process. See below for the course overview!
Part 1 – Basics:
• The process of a song: songwriting & arrangement vs production vs mixing vs mastering
• The basics of understanding mixing
• Guidelines for mixing
• Developing a system
• Signal flow
• Gain staging
• Return Tracks
• Leveling & faders
• Basics of EQ
• EQ types
• Basics of compression
• Compression types
• Stereo imaging & phasing
• Listening environment and recommended equipment
Part 2 – Mixing:
• Mixing low-end
• Multiband saturation
• Creating harmonics
• Tape Saturation
• Reverbs, delays and creating dimension
• Automation & arrangement dynamics
Part 3 – Mastering:
• Approach and techniques
• Mastering for streaming
• Genre loudness
What to bring:
– Laptop (or something to take notes with)
– Masks are required for entry!