Wiggle – Dynamic Wave Shaping Synth
2nd Sense Audio, self proclaimed newcomers in the audio industry, have developed a synthesizer plugin that allows you to dynamically control synthesis wave shapes. The plugin has a multitude of controls like 8 free drawing LFO/envelopes to a versatile sequencer. The Wiggle is unique because it is an expansive and powerful plugin dedicated to provided expansive controls over synthesis. If sound design is what you are interested in, or if you are just looking to add an edge to your sounds, Wiggle may be something to look into.
The Wiggle includes the following Key Features:
- Control points – WIGGLE has 4 operators. Each operator’s wavetable can be dynamically customized by its 4 control points. Each control point has its independent built-in LFO. These build the basic characters of a sound.
- Other synthesis possibilities – Free-drawing PD (Phase Distortion) curve, FM (Frequency Modulation) and Morphing offer deep sonic potentials.
- Color coded FM Matrix – The FM Matrix clearly indicates the modulator/carrier relationship between the operators using color coded knobs.
- Modulations – Modulations – 8 free drawing LFO/Envelope, 8 step-based and 4 specialized modulators can be drag-and-droped onto most of the synth parameters.
- Morph pad – Morphing between 4 variations of a preset captured on the Morph Pad multiplies the degree of sonic expressiveness. You can also draw an arbitrary path to automate the morph process.
- Built-in effects – 7 built-in effects can also be modulated and make a WIGGLE sound more interesting. 4 Operators could go through duo multi-mode filter parallel.
- Step sequencer – The sequencer offers you precise control over each step for creating musical pattern with human feel. The resulting sequence can be dragged out as a MIDI file.
- Built-in recorder – A simple built-in recorder helps you quickly sample a sound tweaking process. The resulting audio can be dragged out as a wave file.
- Retina ready – High resolution images of the user interface are prepared for better viewing experience on retina displays.
- Interactive guide – A short interactive tutorial walks you through the basic functions of WIGGLE upon its first launch. You will get to a good start point in minutes.
- Compatibility – VST, AU, AAX, Standalone, Windows/Mac OS X, 32/64 bit supported
(A Look into the Morphing Parameter)
Wiggle provides an expansive look into wave shaping allowing you to take synthesis to the next level. Unlike other synthesis plugins, Wiggle provides a careful eye on subtle parameters that can change the entire premise of your sound. Parameters like the morph pad allow you to have a single sound morph between up to four different slight variations. A feature like this gives you a powerful tool to create subtle liveliness to your synthesis; subtle liveliness that lets your sounds breathe as if they are a real instrument.
Wiggle is available for both Mac and Windows and you can find the download link here. The product is currently on sale for $99, which is a pretty big bargain for what you get out of it. You can also checkout Wiggle developer, Jason Hou’s, Soundcloud Page here.
- OS X 10.6+ (32/64 bit)
- Windows 7+ (32/64 bit)
- VST 2.x (32/64 bit)
- Audio Units (32/64 bit)
- AAX Native (32/64 bit)
- Stand alone (32/64 bit)
[su_youtube_advanced url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpMjXcy7_b0″ showinfo=”no” rel=”no” modestbranding=”yes”]